Create a quick meal recipe by dressing up frozen breaded fish fillets with traditional Italian ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 8-ounce packages frozen breaded fish fillets
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 8 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- For the topping, using a wooden spoon, in a small mixing bowl combine Romano, butter or margarine, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. until they are creamy. Arrange the frozen fish in a single layer in a shallow baking pan or baking dish. For a crispy coating on breaded or batter-coated fish, allow ample space between fish pieces.
- Using a small metal spatula, spread the topping not quite to the edge of the fish to prevent it from running onto the pan.
- Bake fish according to package directions. Remove from the oven; top each fillet with 1 tomato slice. Carefully sprinkle mozzarella over tomato slices without spilling any of it on the hot pan. (Cheese melts quickly and toughens if overcooked, so sprinkle it on during the last few minutes of baking.) Return to the oven; bake until cheese melts. To serve, top with olives; garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 453, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Sodium 771 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Total Sugar 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 24%, Iron 7%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet