Bisquick Heart Smart® recipe! Add zip to crispy baked chicken with a lemon and apricot sauce.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free egg product or 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 small chicken breasts (1/2 pound)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon slices, if desired
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In shallow dish, beat egg product and water slightly. In another shallow dish, stir together Bisquicki1/2 mix, lemon peel and garlic powder. Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Place in pan. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- In small microwavable bowl, stir together all Lemon-Apricot Sauce ingredients. Microwave on High 1 minute; stir. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g); Protein 18g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%. Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet