Need a delicious family dessert activity? Make sweet cookie pizzas with frosting and candy trimmings.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (1 pound each)
- 4 cups assorted candies
- 4 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, beat sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough at a time 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch rounds. On ungreased cookie sheet, place rounds 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cookies. Top with candies. Sprinkle with shredded candy coating.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 3 1/2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 47g); Protein 3g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%. Exchanges: 1 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 Medium-Fat Meat; 5 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 4.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet