Cake mix creates a tender crust for creamy cheesecake topped with a lovely blend of juicy fruit.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup reserved cake mix
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, if desired
- 3 eggs
- 1 large mango, seed removed, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan with baking spray with flour. Wrap foil around outside of pan to catch drips. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cake mix. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, the butter and lime peel with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom and 2 inches up side of pan.
- In same large bowl, beat reserved 1/4 cup cake mix, the cream cheese, sugar, cream of coconut and rum extract on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixed. Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Turn oven off; remove cheesecake from oven and run metal spatula around edge to loosen. Return cheesecake to oven; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes (top may crack as it cools).
- Remove cheesecake from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run metal spatula around edge of pan again to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 2 hours. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run metal spatula around edge of pan again and remove side of pan. Arrange mango and kiwifruit on top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with coconut. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Before heating oven, place small baking pan filled with 1 to 2 cups of water on oven rack below center rack to help prevent cheesecake from cracking.
- Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g); Protein 6g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 5 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 3.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet