30 minutes or fewer. This recipe showcases the power and versatility of the mini-chopper attachment that comes with today's immersion blenders. It's so strong that it turns unpeeled ginger into a soft pulp making the ginger-infused peanut dressing for this salad a snap.
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into eight pieces (peeling unnecessary)
- 1/3 cup unsalted, nonhydrogenated peanut butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 8-ounce package Oriental-style baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- To make Peanut Dressing: Place garlic and ginger in mini-chopper beaker, and pulse until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, tamari, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/4 cup water, and blend until smooth. Thin with 1 tablespoon of water or more, if necessary, so that dressing is pourable.
- To make Red Cabbage Slaw: Combine all ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories 186, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Sodium 452 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 11 g, Sugars 7 g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet