Based on sweet, fresh corn, this salad says summer. If the corn is very moist and sweet, use it raw. If not, blanch the kernels in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh them in cold water to stop the cooking. The salad will hold up for hours and is best at room temp.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat, and cook onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin, and cook 1 minute more. Cool in bowl. Add corn, peppers and tomatoes to onion. Fold in cilantro.
- Whisk together remaining 4 tablespoons oil and vinegar, drizzle over salad and toss to combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories 300, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Sodium 25 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, Sugars 6 g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet