Here's a wonderful recipe for grilled beef steak - the secret to the steak's great flavor is basting it with picante sauce.
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak or top round steak, 1 1/2-inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce or Chunky Salsa
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the steak for 20 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness, turning the steak over halfway through grilling and brushing often with 1 cup picante sauce.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional picante sauce.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked potatoes with light sour cream and chopped chives and a green salad with a bit of crumbled blue cheese and walnuts. For dessert serve light chocolate ice cream sprinkled with crumbled lowfat chocolate sandwich cookies.