For best results when preparing these fruity gels, use fresh fruit juice, fruit-juice blend, or smoothie. Do not use juices containing papaya or pineapple because they can prevent the gelatin from firming up.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (.25-oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1 15.2-ounce bottle fruit juice blend (1-3/4 cups)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in 1 cup of the juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in remaining juice.
- Divide gelatin mixture among six 3- to 4-ounce glasses or small dishes. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or until set. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Calories 73, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 4 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Total Sugar 8 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 29%, Calcium 1%, Iron 1%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet