Some of the best homemade barbecue sauces start with ketchup. Try this easy sweet-and-tangy condiment.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a storage container, stir together ingredients. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. (Note: Nutrition facts are given for 2 tablespoons of sauce.)
- This sauce can be used any time you would use bottled barbecue sauce. Brush on meats the last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling. Mix into ground meats to flavor your burgers. Makes 2 cups.
- Calories 50, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Total Sugar 11 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 7%, Calcium 1%, Iron 2%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet