Frozen stir-fry vegetables and zesty Szechuan sauce bring beautiful color and nutrition to a savory turkey dinner.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1 package honey teriyaki seasoning mix (1 1/4 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- 2 boxes Green Giant® frozen Szechuan vegetables, thawed (9 ounces each)
- 2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, place turkey. In small bowl, mix dry seasoning mix and 1 cup water; pour over turkey.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut turkey into bite-size pieces; return to cooker. Stir in both boxes of vegetables. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in 4 cups water as directed on package. Stir vegetable and turkey mixture. Serve over rice.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 1460mg; Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g); Protein 31g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 4 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet