This easy, low fat vegetable casserole may finally convince your kids that broccoli tastes good!
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar or Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- In a medium saucepan combine frozen broccoli, uncooked rice, water, and salt. Bring to boiling, stirring frequently to break up frozen broccoli.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Return saucepan to burner. Over low heat, add cheese, stirring just until cheese is melted. If desired, serve in bowls and sprinkle with additional shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Makes 6 servings.
- Calories 132, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 7 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 44%, Calcium 16%, Iron 6%. Exchanges: Vegetable .5, Starch 1, Medium-Fat Meat .5.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet