The total comfort food. Smoky bacon, the crunch of green cabbage, and tender noodles make this dish completely "craveable." Perfect for St. Patrick's Day...or any day.
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cups cabbage, shredded
- Black pepper, coarse ground
- Cook egg noodles in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, set aside.
- Saute bacon in a skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, add the onion and saute until tender. Add cabbage and saute until warmed through.
- Now add the bacon and noodles, tossing to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.