- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. assorted wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Stir the wild rice and broth in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the white rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley.
- You can use dried wild mushrooms instead of fresh mushrooms. Place about 4 ounces dried mushrooms into a medium bowl and pour hot Swanson® Broth over to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain the broth and reserve for another use. Chop the mushrooms. Proceed as directed above.